The Elgin Schoolhouse is a historic, single-room school in rural Nevada’s Lincoln County. The schoolhouse was used from 1922 through 1967, when its last student reached eighth grade. In 1998, the building was restored to its original appearance and volunteers opened the building for tours by request. It became a state historic site in July 2005. The schoolhouse features half of the school’s original furnishings, books and teaching material and other items are authentic to the time period.
Elgin School House is located 20 miles south of Caliente in scenic Rainbow Canyon off State Route 317.
P.O. Box 985, Caliente, Nevada 89008