You deserve a really great vacation this year. Why not plan it out this week? After all, it is National Plan-Your-Vacation Day.
We would love to have you consider coming up to the Mountains of Central Nevada and making a long weekend of it.
- There's the Nevada Northern Railway where you can take a steam-powered train ride up Robinson Canyon toward the Old Ruth Mine, stay overnight in the yard, take a steam locomotive out and Be the Engineer of your own run on the historic main-line "up the hill and back", and more!
- Ely makes a great base camp to explore Great Basin National Park and the surrounding area. From the 13,000-foot summit of Wheeler Peak, to the sage-covered foothills, it's a place to sample the stunning diversity of the larger Great Basin region. Explore the mysterious subterranean passages of Lehman Caves.
- Explore scenic mountain roads, ghost towns, and old Pony Express stations in the surrounding area.
Just to nudge you on a bit to plan your vacation this coming week, we are throwing in a few FREE incentives if you book before February 5th:
- Book a Be the Engineer Experience or a Railroad Reality Week and we will ship you FREE a Nevada Northern Railway (NNRY) Engineer Hat, and a NNRY Patch, and NNRY work gloves, and a copy of the official, complete NNRY Operations Rulebook. And, we will also include a FREE Four-Day-Pass that lets you ride as many regularly scheduled excursion trains as you want over your long weekend stay.
- Book any Special/Themed train rides, or any Excursion Train (Robinson Canyon or Valley Vista) and you will receive a FREE Four-Day Pass.
Hopefully by now you are on-board with planning your vacation now, this week. It will give your boss plenty of time to figure out how they are going to live without you while you and your loved ones are on vacation, out exploring the great getaway that is rural Nevada.